On-street Parking Reservations
The City of Vancouver allows businesses, organizations, event planners and individuals to reserve metered and non-metered on-street parking spaces for certain purposes using meter hoods, etc.
Vancouver Municipal Code 19.10.090 allows parking spaces to be reserved for the following reasons:
- To facilitate construction on property adjacent to the street
- To prohibit parking on street for block parties, races or parades
- For setting up/staging events
- Utility work
- To accommodate large moving trucks
- $5 per space, per day, including weekends. Starting March 1, 2017, parking stalls on blocks where pay stations are located will be $12.50 per space, per day, including weekends. More information about parking rate increase.
- A $45 per-application administrative fee will be charged for reservations. (This is for each project or event. An extension or change to an existing application will not accrue an additional administrative fee.)
- Fees cannot be prorated for hourly or half-day services.
All uses require payment in advance.
- The applicant/organizer must provide the dates and times when the reservation is to start and end along with the specific location and number of spaces needed.
- Businesses in the location of work/event must be notified of the parking stalls reservations.
- Reserved parking spaces may not be used solely for employee parking.
- Meter reservations must be submitted at least 21 days before the reservation is needed. This period may be reduced by the Parking Manager if the applicant can demonstrate good cause.
The Parking Manager reserves the right to limit the number of parking spaces reserved by an applicant. With increasing numbers of businesses and residential units in the downtown area, there will be a limit in the number of reserved parking stalls.
Make a reservation
To reserve on-street parking spaces, please contact Parking Services at CityParkingServices@cityofvancouver.us or 360-487-8650.