Internal Job Opportunities
Internal opportunities for lateral transfers and promotions are open to all regular, City of Vancouver employees who have passed an initial probationary period. The positions posted on this site are open to internal applicants only. You may also want to review opportunities listed on the external site because they are also open to internal candidates.
+ How To Apply
For a successful application process, please follow these simple guidelines:
- Record your username and password when you set up an account. You will need it to apply for other positions or to check the status of your application. When you re-enter the system, you will need to input this information exactly as it was originally entered.
- Submit a complete application on time. The closing date and time are noted on the job posting. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Include all relevant education and experience that you have when applying for a position. If you held more than one job with an employer, list each job separately.
- Click "Submit" before the application deadline! You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not receive an email, contact Human Resources for assistance prior to the closing date.
- Check your email (including your spam folder) and voicemail for job related communications, invitations to interview and updates to your status on a regular basis.
- You may check the status of your application by clicking on the 'Applicant Login' link.
- Click here for more information.
Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized City employees have access to the information submitted.