Marshall Community Center offers over 60 Group Exercise classes including Silver&Fit® endorsed classes, a fully equipped fitness facility with Nautilus, Precor and Sci-Fit machines along with TRX, Jacobs Ladder and Marpo Rope Trainer.
Read this month's Fit Talk for some fitness inspiration!
Group Exercise Classes
Join us for Boot Camp, Pilates, Zumba®, Qigong, T'ai Chi, Barre, Yoga, Bellyfit®, Cycle and much more available on a drop-in basis in our state-of-the-art fitness center.
Our Silver&Fit® Fitness Program is designed specifically for Medicare beneficiaries and includes a membership at our facility.
Our Certified Personal Trainers will assist and motivate you to improve your overall health and maximize your fitness level. We offer one-on-one instruction that will meet or exceed your exercise goals.
*You must cancel any Personal Training appointment at least 24 hours in advance or you will lose credit for that session. Appointments start on time and expire one year from date of purchase. Sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We are currently offering Ballet, Belly, Line, Scottish, Swing and Tap dance classes at Marshall and Luepke for adults. Interested in dance classes for kids?
+ Fitness Center Age Requirements
- Ages 13+ may use the fitness center and take classes on their own.
- Ages 11-12 are allowed in the fitness center after showing medical release, proof of age and completing a Junior Orientation Session. Contact the front desk for details. We reserve the right to take this privilege away from individuals who are disturbing other participants or who are not abiding by the fitness center rules.
- Ages 10+ may participate in group exercise classes with an adult. They may also use cardio machines in the fitness center with an adult after presenting a doctor’s note with approval for exercise and proof of age. Approval from the Fitness Coordinator is also required.
- Contact Heidi Marshall at 360-487-7091
- Please allow 2-3 business days for approval.
- Children nine and under are NOT allowed to use equipment in the fitness center but may enjoy the indoor track with adult supervision. Children in a carrier or stroller must be within arm’s reach of their parent or guardian at all times. Appropriate attire must be worn.
+ Fitness Center Amenities
- Precor, Matrix Nautilus Treadmills
- Nautilus and Precor Elipticals
- Precor Adaptive Motion Trainer
- Nautilus Rowing Machines
- Nautilus Recumbent Bikes and Upright Bikes, Cybox Upright Bikes
- SciFit Upper Body Ergometer (wheelchair accessible)
- Stairmaster Stepmills
- Nautilus and Cybex Selectorized weight equipment, Nautilus free weights
- Smith Machine, cable cross-over machine and free weight benches
+ Group Exercise Policies
- Please be on time to class. No entry five minutes after class starts for safety and disruption concerns.
- Check in at the fitness desk before entering the aerobics/dance studio for class. Passholders must scan in. All others must check in with staff at the fitness desk.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes must be worn at all times (unless told otherwise by an instructor). We recommend shoes that have not been worn outdoors.
- No perfume, cologne or other strong smelling scents.
- Wipe off your equipment after use with a cleaning solution and a paper towel.
- Please let your instructor know if you are just beginning an exercise program OR if you have any injuries or medical conditions that may impact your ability to participate fully.
- The aerobics/dance studio may not be used outside of class or program times. Use of this room must always be under the supervision of a group fitness instructor.
- Hand held weights or ankle/wrist weights are NOT allowed during the warm up or cardiovascular portion of a group exercise class.
- NO rubberized suits.
- NO more than two risers per side of a step bench.
Fitness at Firstenburg Community Center