Here's a general guideline for youth leagues (ages can vary with different seasons):
Outdoor Soccer - Spring, Summer, Fall
Indoor Soccer - Winter
Baseball - Spring, Summer
Basketball - Winter, Spring, Fall
Flag Football - Spring, Fall
Volleyball - Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
This information pertains to all youth leagues. Please read before registering. In order to make our leagues the best they can be, we need time to select coaches, prepare teams, rosters and schedules, order equipment, hire staff, and schedule photos. Leagues will fill quickly so register early.
1. Volunteer coaches are needed and required to run youth leagues. Parents interested in coaching must go through a coach's screening and pass a Washington State background check prior to registration. The head coach's child (maximum one child) is not charged the league fee, but they must call the Youth Sports Department to register as a coach. Mandatory coaches meeting is three weeks prior to the league start date.
2. All leagues are recreational, and considered feeder programs into more competitive leagues in the community. All children receive equal playing time at practices and games. If interested in reviewing the game rules for a particular league, please contact the league coordinator.
3. Cancelations/transfers and credits must be requested 20 working days (M-F) prior to the first game. Leagues can be combined or canceled due to low enrollment.
4. We do not reserve spots in the league for past teams or players.
5. Register child according to child's birth date. Ask the question, "How old will my child be at the first game of the league?" Your child must play within their age range. You may request a specific coach, or indicate if you would like your child to be on the same team as a sibling or friend, but requests are not guaranteed.
6. Children are placed on teams as evenly as possible according to age, gender, and the number of children on each team.
7. Fee includes team T-shirt.
8. Practices vary depending on the age and sport, 30-90 minutes. Teams may practice two weeknights per week prior to the first game, then once per week for the remainder of the season. Practice day, time and location are determined by the coach and/or gym availability.
9. A parent/guardian is required to attend all practices and all games. Children cannot be dropped off.
10. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for citizens with disabilities. Please contact Inclusion Services to request an accommodation at 360-487-7060.
Officials and referees are needed for many sport leagues. If you are interested in this type of employment, please contact the league coordinator at 360-487-7023.