City seeks applicants for vacancy on Portland airport noise advisory committee
Press Release Date:
Friday, April 7, 2017
The City of Vancouver is seeking applicants to fill one mid-term vacancy on the Portland International Airport (PDX) Citizen Noise Advisory Committee. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, May 12.
Applicants must live inside the Vancouver city limits. The mid-term appointment will begin immediately and end in November 2018.
To apply online, visit www.cityofvancouver.us/boards. To request an application or for more information, contact Michelle Bartley in the City Manager’s Office by mail at City Hall, P.O. Box 1995, Vancouver, WA 98668-1995, by email at Michelle.Bartley@cityofvancouver.us or by calling 360-487-8607.
The PDX Citizen Noise Advisory Committee the official forum to address the community's aircraft noise concerns. Local jurisdictions and the Port of Portland appoint members of the committee to represent residential and business concerns. The City of Vancouver has two members on the committee.
The PDX Citizen Noise Advisory Committee reports, in an advisory capacity, to the General Manager for Airport Operations at PDX, via the Manager of Noise Management Office. The committee acts on behalf of local cities and counties to:
- address community noise concerns
- monitor and provide input on the implementation of the current PDX Noise Compatibility Plan
- review airport noise issues and provide advice on issue resolution and follow-up action
- enhance citizen understanding of airport noise management through the work of the committee as a whole
- periodically brief the Port of Portland Board of Commissioners and the Vancouver City Council on the work of the committee
The committee typically meets from 5:30-8 p.m. on the second Thursday of every odd numbered month at the airport. PDX provides dinner to members starting at 5 p.m. There are no meetings in August and December.
Visit www2.portofportland.com/Inside/CitizenNoiseAdvisoryCommittee to learn more about the PDX Citizen Noise Advisory Committee, including past meeting summaries.
Michelle Bartley, City Manager's Office