How Do I...?


This page covers a variety of resources to assist you in contacting the appropriate agency for the service you need.


File a police report/complaint in person:

(For crimes that occur within the city limits of Vancouver only)

VPD West Precinct,
2800 NE Stapleton Road

VPD East Precinct
520 SE 155th Avenue

Phone number to reach either precinct (360) 487-7500
Lobby Hours at both precincts are 8 am to 5 pm Mon - Friday (excluding holidays).


File a crime report for certain crimes over the telephone:

Crimes reported over the phone must meet the following criteria:

  • This is not an Emergency?
  • This incident occurred within the Vancouver Police Department City limits?
  • There are no Known Suspects?
  • This did not occur on a State Freeway?
  • This did not involve Firearms (used by suspect or taken in theft)?
  • This did not involve the Theft of a Motor Vehicle to include a licensed trailer?
  • This does not require the submission of any evidence?

For all emergencies call 9-1-1. For non-emergencies call 3-1-1. Telephone reports may be made by calling (360) 487-7500, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (excluding holidays). The Vancouver Police Department no longer offers online reporting. For more information on this visit our Crime Reporting page. 

Request a police report

The Vancouver Police Records Division is open to the public Monday through Friday,8am – 5pm, excluding holidays, and is located at the Vancouver Police Department West Precinct (2800 NE Stapleton Rd). Records staff can be reached via phone at (360) 487-7398 or via email at You may also visit the Public Records Request page and fill out the form electronically. 


Report fraudulent charges on a credit/debit card:

  • Contact the bank to close the account
  • Obtain a notarized affidavit of fraud
  • Obtain a list of the fraudulent transactions
  • Provide a valid photo ID (driver’s license)

The documents and CLEAR photo ID can be brought into the VPD West Precinct during published window service hours or faxed to 695-3530, Attention PST, with the name and contact phone number to obtain the rest of the information required to complete the fraud report.

Report common complaints:

  • Road Rage – 911
  • Noise Complaint – 311
  • Chronic issues of speeding in a location/neighborhood – Traffic Complaint Hotline 487-7402
  • Check if someone has a warrant – 360-397-2397
  • Report Drug Activity- Contact Clark/Skamania Drug Task Force (360) 256-5711 or online
  • Parking Complaint – 487-8653
  • Damaged Mail Box (other than privately purchased) – report to US Postal Service
  • For stolen mail, with proof of theft contact the Vancouver Police Department at (360) 487-7500.

Report a scam:

Contact the Washington State Attorney General’s Office at 1-800-551-4636 and/or the FBI at

File a vehicle collision report:

Citizens involved in a collision that WAS NOT investigated by law enforcement can complete and submit a collision report online.

File a State of Washington Vehicle Collision Report

For more information please contact

Request A Copy of A Collision Report

Visit the Washington State Patrol site and follow the instructions for obtaining a copy of a filed collision report.

Get fingerprinting services:

The Clark County Sheriff's Office provides fingerprinting services.
Clark County Sheriff Headquarters,
707 W. 13th Street

Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 4 pm

Costs per person (Cash only):

  • $15 for the first finger print card,
  • $5 each for each additional card.

Information: 360-397-2211

Vancouver Police Department does not offer fingerprinting services.


Apply for a concealed weapons permit:

Clark County Sheriff Headquarters Bldg.,
707 W. 13th Street

Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Information: 397-2211

Drop off unwanted prescription medications:

The Vancouver Police Department West Precinct (2800 NE Stapleton Rd.) and East Precinct (520 SE 155th Avenue) accepts unwanted prescription medications
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday

Other law enforcement agencies that accept unwanted prescription medications include:

  • Washougal Police Department, 1302 A Street
  • Camas Police Department, 2100 NE Third Avenue
  • Battle Ground Police Department, 507 SW First Street
  • La Center Police Department, 105 W 5th Street
  • Ridgefield Police Department, 116 N. Main (8:30 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday)

Several private sector resources are also available to accept unwanted medications. For a full list please visit

Juvenile Court Information

Visit the Clark County Juvenile Court website at for information on the juvenile court process and resources.

This brochure below also has helpful information that can answer many questions related to juvenile court.


Vancouver Police West Precinct
2800 NE Stapleton Rd
Vancouver, WA 98663